Pastor Tommy Barnett. Biography
Translations of this material:
- into Russian: Пастор Томми Барнет. Биография. 98% translated in draft. Almost done, let's finish it!
Submitted for translation by Winner 17.08.2009
Published 7 years, 3 months ago.
It was a center of Christian social action, feeding millions during the Great Depression. Her ministry – illustrated sermons, running buses, reaching the poor – parallels the vision of the Dream Center!
Even President George W. Bush after visiting the LA Dream Center portrayed it as a prime example of the effectiveness of faith-based social action.
Since Angelus Temple seats 3,100 it negates the once needed expansion of the Dream Center’s undersized sanctuary which severely limited growth.
The social ministries still continue at the Dream Center site and the Sunday and Thursday services are held in the Temple – a stunning piece of architecture which is part sanctuary, part theater, and a national historical landmark.
It facilitates the revival that has already broken out. Possibilities for giant outreach services are endless!
Growth and expansion now no longer restricted!
Matthew Barnett summed it up, “God is moving on a historical scale in the city of Los Angeles to affect spiritual destinies in our generation”.
THE BARNETT ‘FAMILY’ MINISTRY TEAM
Some have said that perhaps Tommy Barnett’s greatest accomplishments are his children!
In addition to his youngest child, Matthew Barnett co-pastoring the LA Dream Center with him, his daughter Kristie and son Luke are on staff at Phoenix First Assembly.
Kristie founded the cutting edge Phoenix Girls Ladies Ministry and directs the ACTION Volunteer Ministry as well.
Luke is using his incredible expertise as Pastor of Ministry Development.
All three have the best of their dad’s qualities of leadership, vision, creativity, trendsetting, influence, relevancy, spirit, and a passion for reaching souls and loving people.
Additionally they have their mother’s charm, warmth, and heart to both be a support and partner in ministry with their Dad and compassion for the hurting individual.
Pastor Barnett has authored and contributed to several books, including: Dream Again, There’s a Miracle in Your House, Portraits of Vision, Multiplication, Enlarge Your Circle of Love, Adventure Yourself, Hidden Power and his newest – Reaching Your Dreams.
He also has produced over 50 church growth tape packets including The Saturday Soulwinning Society, which has been used all over the world by literally thousands of churches and leaders in the last 28 years to teach their people how to win souls to Christ.
MULTI MINISTRY INVOLVEMENT
As a nationally respected leader, Tommy Barnett serves on the board and executive committees of many evangelical organizations including the following:
• Phoenix First Assembly of God, Phoenix, AZ
• Phoenix Dream Center, Phoenix, AZ
• Los Angeles Dream Center Church, Los Angeles, CA
• New York Dream Center, New York, NY
• Joyce Meyer Ministries, Fenton, MO
• James Robison - Life Outreach International Ministry, Fort Worth, TX
• “Ministries Today” Magazine (Strang Communications), Lake Mary, FL
• James Dobson – Focus on the Family, Pastoral Ministries Department, Colorado Springs, CO
• Dr. David Yonggi Cho – Church Growth International, Board of Directors, Seoul, Korea
• Honorary Doctor of Divinity Degree from Oral Roberts University, Tulsa, Oklahoma
• Honorary Doctor of Humane Letters Degree from Southern California Theological Seminary, Stanton, California
• Honorary Doctor of Divinity Degree from Southwestern Assembly of God College, Waxahachie, Texas
• 1999 Brotherhood of Man Award from the Religious Heritage of America Foundation